Is it a star or Saturn? Learning what’s in your night sky is effortless with Sky Guide. Hold your iPhone or iPad up and Sky Guide automatically aligns itself to the stars above you–no setup required!
Whether you’re looking for the constellation Virgo, the Andromeda Galaxy or Mars, Sky Guide will satisfy your curiosity. You can search for thousands of celestial sights—and be guided exactly where to see them in the sky above you. Just follow the arrow.
Want to watch a satellite pass overhead? Sky Guide features hundreds of visible satellites for you to track. See them rise and chart their paths as they fly through space.
Sky Guide contains immersive visuals unlike any star app you have seen before. Based on a high-resolution sky panorama created by one of the app developers, Sky Guide is the product of over 37,000 actual photographs! This exclusive imagery gives you stunning realism that lets you witness millions of stars—not just a few thousand simulated points! Plus, you can control the intensity of star light with HDR brightness gestures to dial in your local viewing conditions.
Sky Guide may have few buttons but it has ample content. With more articles by leading astronomical authors than apps costing many times the price, countless awesome moments await novice and seasoned stargazers alike.
Plus, Sky Guide functions with or without a Wi-Fi, data, or GPS signal. Take it camping or use it overseas. Everything is at your fingertips at all times, in all places.
• Elegant and simple: Unobtrusive controls and gestures free up the screen for the best sky view yet.
• Rich content: Loads of stunning Retina-quality graphics and original artwork.
• Soundscape: Designed by Mat Jarvis, the most highly featured composer in the award-winning soundtrack for the game Osmos. Stars have sounds based on their temperature and size.
• Useful anywhere: Works with or without a GPS or data signal. Built-in access to hundreds of articles no matter where you are.
• HDR brightness gestures: Dynamically control how bright the sky is to match your surroundings.
• Red night mode: Preserve your dark-adapted eyesight.
• Compatible with iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S; iPad 2, 3rd gen, 4th gen; and iPod Touch, 4th and 5th gen. Sky Guide requires a gyroscope, so it doesn't work with iPad 1 or iPhone 3GS and earlier.